An exclusive Yoga retreat in Bhutan with an experience of the reminiscence of the British Raj and a trek along the Singalila ridge, which is one of the most beautiful ridges in the world!
While you practice yoga and meditation everyday during the trip, this adventure takes you on a journey to the Eastern Himalayas and its Jewels- Darjeeling and Bhutan. We begin with a unique experience of the reminiscence of the British Raj- Darjeeling. Live in centuries old Victorian Bungalows, visit Tea Estates of Darjeeling and witness the making of the World’s best tea- Darjeeling tea. After visiting Darjeeling, we begin our 5 days fascinating trek along the Singalila ridge, which is considered as one of the most beautiful ridges in the world. You can get views of 4 of the world’s highest mountain from this trek, viz. the highest mountain in the world, Mt. Everest 8848m, the 3rd highest mountain Mt. Kanchendzonga 8586m, the 4th highest mountain Mt. Lhotse 8510m and the 5th highest mountain Mt. Makalu 8481m. At the end of the trek we make a stop at a beautiful village of Shiri Khola where you get to participate in Ghee (clarified butter) making class, and a cooking lesson to make some mouth watering organic vegetables dishes cooked in the ghee that you made. We then venture in to the Land of the Dragon- Bhutan. A fascinating tour in this fabled land of Happiness, where the country’s achievement is calculated in the Gross National Happiness, gives you an amazing experience of this happy Kingdom.
Bhutan, a tiny Himalayan Kingdom, never cease to amaze the world with its incredible policies which can only be a dream for most of the countries. The Bhutanese government considers that the happiness of the people is the most important thing in any decision or policy that it makes, so Gross National Happiness is more important than Gross domestic product.
Bhutan is the only country in the world where its citizens have constitution obligation to protect their environment, which means 60% of the nation have to stay forest. It is the only country in the world to be carbon negative.
Bhutan regulates tobacco and tobacco products, banning the cultivation, harvesting, production, and sale of tobacco and tobacco products in the country. However in 2012, Parliament passed urgent amendments with the effect of greatly increasing permissible amounts of tobacco and reducing penalties, although sale and distribution remain prohibited.
Although a small country, and considered as the least developed country in Asia, it actually comes 1st in economic freedom and ease of doing business and peace and ranks 2nd highest in per capita income in all of south east Asian countries. It is indeed the Happiest country in the world!
No wonder Bhutan has become the favorite vacationing destination for celebrities!
Some of the celebrities who have vacationed in Bhutan– Prince William and Kate Middleton (Duke and Duchess of Cambridge), Their Majesties The King and Queen of Sweden, politician Aung San Suu Kyi to Hollywood superstars like Brad Pitt, Richard Gere, Keanu Reeves, Drew Barrymore, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mick Jager, Justin Timberlake, Cher, Michael J Fox , Cameron Diaz, Bryan Adams, K.D. Lang, Demi Moore, Sting, Jennifer Lopez, Uma Thurman, Steven Seagel , Micheall Yeow, Eva Mendes, Nathalie Kelley, Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield, Emily Blunt and John Hoskins, Ricki Martin, Jet Li, and South East Asian celebrities like Charm Reya Osthanond, Kathryn Bernardo, Daniel Padilla, Khalil Ramos, Enrique Gil, Xiong Naijin, Gretchen Barretto, Martinez, Tony Leung, Carina Lau and many more.
What makes this trip special
- Train ride with the 139 years old UNESCO World Heritage Darjeeling Himalayan Railways
- Stay at a Victorian Bungalow at Goomtee Tea Estate established in 1899
- Witness the processing of the World’s best tea- The Darjeeling tea
- Participate the tea tasting of the first flush tea and make your own tea
- Sightseeing around Darjeeling (Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Snow Leopard and Red Panda breeding centre, Tibetan Refugee Self Help centre)
- 5 days spectacular trek along the world famous Singalila ridge
- Views of 4 of the worlds highest mountains- The highest mountain Mt. Everest 8848m, the 3rd highest mountain Mt. Kanchendzonga 8586m, the 4th highest mountain Mt. Lhotse 8510m and the 5th highest mountain Mt. Makalu 8481m
- Ghee making workshop and cooking class
- Spectacular mountain flight to and back from Paro
- 6 nights/ 7 days trip in Bhutan
- Visit Punakha, Paro and Thimpu
- Hike to the famous Taktshang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest)